Calls to publish full case review into baby attack

Calls to publish full case review into baby attack

A parents’ group has called for the serious case review into the Zak Whitlock baby attack to be published in full.

Alison Stevens, the chairman of Leicester-based scrutiny group Parents Against Injustice, said the public had a right to see a detailed document into the case.

Last week it was reported that three county council social workers had been suspended after ignoring warnings about Whitlock, who later attacked his baby daughter, leaving her permanently brain-damaged.

The 21-year-old had been allowed to return to the family home in Elizabeth Court, Wigston despite a history of mental illness, domestic violence and drug abuse.

//

He was left alone with the child, known as Baby B, in February 2009, despite warnings he could harm her.

In May he was found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent.

A serious case review published last Wednesday by the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Safeguarding Children B... unearthed a series of blunders.

So far, only an executive summary has been published, as councils are not compelled to release the full report.

A change to guidelines means similar reports which are started now will have to be published in future, but does not apply to the Whitlock report which was started last year.

Parents Against Injustice fights to highlight injustice within the child protection system.

Chairman Ms Stevens said: “It is only right that the public can see what social services are doing on their behalf. The full report, complete with both the good and bad points, should be published. It
can’t be right that such important documents are shielded from public
view.”



Value-Social Services system abuse.

Views: 8

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Parents Against Injustice to add comments!

Join Parents Against Injustice

© 2019   Created by Alison J Stevens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service